Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In Bloom

Spring has arrived here in the Arizona desert.  Here are a few shots from the Superstition Mountains in Apache Junction, Arizona.  Flat Iron Peak is a widely photographed and well hiked landmark.  Legend has it that The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine is here.  Every year people search for it and some have died trying to find it.

I didn't find any gold but I did find some wildflowers in bloom.  A guy right in front of me found a rattlesnake and took some photos with his camera.  I looked for a snake to photograph but didn't find any.

Cholla Cactus

Theses cholla cactus needles are sharp.  I stepped on one and it went right through my shoe and into my foot.  Hey, better than a rattlesnake bite.

Wildflowers in bloom

Flatiron Peak


For more info about this area, check out the Arizona State Parks website: http://azstateparks.com/parks/lodu/

No comments:

Post a Comment